Pictures of my 30gal reef using a Nikon D70

pco1988

Here are some new pics, the tank has gone through extensive remodeling since the last pics, enjoy.

Philip

seahorse11

Gorgeous pictures! What kind of fish is in the third picture? Your LB sure looks happy!
Thanks for sharing!

pco1988

Originally Posted by Devaji108
Nice tank!
what kind of fish is the yellow one? is it a tang??
It's a juv. Mimic Tang. He is going to be placed in my 120gal once he gets big enough to be with the red sea sailfin tang and red sea purple tang. Same goes with the rabbitfish.
Philip

smallfry

What kind of star is that you have.
I have one that looks like that from the front of the glass it was given to me so I could not get a name.
Thanks

pco1988

Originally Posted by smallfry
What kind of star is that you have.
I have one that looks like that from the front of the glass it was given to me so I could not get a name.
Thanks
I got it off of this site as a orange likia. So if this site is right than I guess it's an Orange Likia.
Philip

pco1988

Originally Posted by reefiness
wats the grey fish on top of the mimic in the last pic?? :notsure:
That would be a Gold-Spotted Rabbitfish.
Philip

pco1988

Well today is my 17th Birthday and here are some pictures I took while I was home sick. :mad:

Hope you enjoy them,
Philip

cheapfish1

are you using the kit lens for the d70 cause i had a issue getting mine to focus correctly, any ideas. Also are u using the SB800? or on camera flash mine is very dark.
nice tank, have u had any trouble with your crushed coral bed?

pco1988

Originally Posted by cheapfish1
are you using the kit lens for the d70 cause i had a issue getting mine to focus correctly, any ideas. Also are u using the SB800? or on camera flash mine is very dark.
nice tank, have u had any trouble with your crushed coral bed?
For the lens I'm using the kit lens WITH micro filters, and they work great. I have +4, +2, and +1 filters.
For the flash I don't ever use it, I have the lights in the other tanks and in my room off with the room light off and the door closed with Coralife PCs and that does the trick.
For the CC I have never had a problem and I treat it like a sand bed as I do not clean the tank or do water changes.
If you have any more questions please go on a head I will more than willing to answer them.
Philip

pco1988

Originally Posted by Tim_12
Happy 17th pco!

Hope you feel better soon

Thanks
I've had this cold since Wednesday. :mad:
Philip