Pink Tip Anenome

keliza

I have a pink tip anenome and I don't know much about it. I've had it for probably 2 or 3 weeks now, it has a very healthy appetite (it even ate one of my hermit crabs) and I'm wondering why it seems to pull into itself several times a day. It seems like it's scared of something but there's really nothing to be scared of. I have 2 damsels and 2 cinnamon clowns that don't bother it and 2 hermit crabs that stay away from it for the most part. At random times tho, it will withdraw into itself and stay like that for a few hours then it comes out again. It does this probably once or twice a day but it stays out all night.

T

thomas712

I'll move it there and see if I can help you.
So far it sound like normal behavior for a Condi. Its been about 5 years since I've kept one though.
If it is contracting like you say even during the day but then staying expanded during the night then I might suspect that it just isn't used to your lighting. Perhaps we should examin that aspect first.
What exactly is your lighting ?
Thomas

keliza

I know my lighting is not sufficient, I basically have none. What I do have is 2 30 watt Marine Glo bulbs. In my own defense tho, the guy at the pet store said this anenome didn't need any more so I bought it hoping it would survive and it seems fine otherwise. I'm not sure if it is a Condy, it was sold as a Haitian Pink Tip (which I'm guessing is why the clowns don't host it) and it is white with purple-ish colored tips and long tentacles. It seems healthy, it eats heartily and everything I give it is devoured. Don't worry, I do have plans to upgrade the lighting ASAP as after I did some reading up on this anenome, I found out the truth.