Pink Tip/Green Tip Anemones

ej

I'm a little concern with my new pink tip and green tip anemone. I try to do some research on my concern with no results. Well, knowing that they are going to move to what ever spot they like what concerns me is the corals that they will touch on the way to the spot they like. Are they going to be ok or are they going to be stung to death? I have a small reef only 55gl with 75lbs of LR and 19 diferent corals. My corals are my main concern so I don't want to risk any damage I rather take the anemones back to the lfs. All the books that I have read only talk about care and needs but they do not answer my specific question. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

cveach

I have had a Pinktip in my reef for 5+ years. Its has NEVER stayed in one spot for more then 3weeks. So of course he has come into contact with many corals. Finger leather as well as button polyps, Galaxia LPS never have shown any signs of injury or even reaction from encounters generaly stays aways from corals though. Do not try to alter your anemones path by moving it. A large % of its basal disks tissue becomes damaged whenever it is forcefully moved.

M

missycoral

Yes they can and are known to sting and kill other corals they are very agressive in that nature they can travel up rock or anywhere and can move no problem 8foot in not log of time. you should make a dission i have Anemone but stays in one spot from say one reading on the type and what they like for hoem help to try to place them near. but no gaurentee they will stay. goodluck Missy

ej

Thanks for the info and advice. This morning the tentacles of one of them were all over my frogspawn so I chiken out and took them both back. I exchanged them for a saddle. I know it will move also but the tentacles are not so giant and overpowering. My Clarki is allready going into it.