pittsburgh zoo and ppg aquarium

burch2006

So I havent been there in about 6-7 years so me and the GF took a roadtrip (about 2 hours 20 minutes) to go visit it today. The last time I went I was with a bunch of buddies, and I could have cared less about "fish". I went back today, and was absolutely impressed. Pretty empty seeing as how it was like 25 degrees, but it was well worth the trip. Spent atleast an hour and a half in the aquarium with my gf who actually enjoyed it because she was able to find out a little bit more about each fish. I loved how the first thing was the leafy seadragons. I knew it was going to be good from the onset
. The stingray touch tank was pretty cool too. Also the polar bear was playing in the water when we were underneath with no one there. Absolutely an awesome trip to the zoo today. I highly recommend!

mike22cha

Last time I checked, the OKC Zoo's aquarium section's main attraction was some seals. I think they had a prihanna tank and a freshwater touch pool. Oh and they had a little sw tank with a bunch of colorful nano fish.
I wish we had a good aquarium here in Oklahoma. There is the Oklahoma Aquarium which is good, but it's a drive between Tulsa and OKC, not something you can just go and see unless you plan on going up there.

05xrunner

man I have gone there like 10times in the past 2years since I got into photography more.
I kinda find their aquarium kinda ehhh.
All their SPS is brown, their main thing is a big leather. They have a couple nice things but I with it was a little more impressive. I was impressed by it alot more until i got into reef tanks then I was bored with what they have there.

2cold2fish

The polar bear exhibit is fantastic. What HUGE creatures that move with a lot more grace and speed in the water than I expected.
The aquarium can look poor or really nice depending on when you're there. Either way it's a reccomended trip.