Pix of our 125

seannmelly

We love the clam!! This picture does it no justice. With this tank we got 3x150w mh, 4x96w pc, 8 led moonlights. He was our first try and so far so good!!! Next month we are planning on getting another one!!
As for the tangs, they are doing GREAT. You can't tell by the pic but we have 3. in most of the pix theres only 2. when we first got them, they came down w/ ich, quarentined them, they recovered and are fattening up nicely. The tangs are awesome and get along most of the time, they find alot of hiding places in the rockwork that keeps them from fighting too much. Once in a while one will be a bully but this doesnt happen too often. Actually they like schooling w/ the green chromis's!!

T

tampausmc

great looking tank......i definitely need to get a bigger one.....full tank pics always make me jealous

seannmelly

Nemo, the first pic is a candy cane coral 5"x6"
And as far as the clam in the tupperware the wholesaler said to put in in some sort of container so it can foot to the bottom so worms and stuff cant eat the foot. But, i guess i could have put it in the sand and let it foot to the bottom of the tank?
But it's our first clam so i guess live and learn

seannmelly

Thank you lion!! The tangs are doing AWESOME now. They are loving the algae sheets on the live rock idea i got from you!!!

seannmelly

Originally Posted by Yimmy
Awesome tank and I love the 2 tangs, keep up the goof work

lol there are 3 tangs, the 1 is camara shy he hides. thanks for the comment

yimmy

meant good not goof, that could have come out wrong, if you had 2 tangs instead of 3 would they fight more if you had 3 tangs, it's what my LFS told me but only god knows if what the LFS say are true.

seannmelly

yes that it true that if you have 3 they wont fight as much. all 3 of them get along good but once in a while 1 must of had a bad day, lol and chases the others around, probably just playing. just got a nice 2 stalk frag of xenia for 10 bucks, real good deal for the size and pulses nice. ill post some pics when i get a chance later

fishieness

Originally Posted by seannmelly
Nemo, the first pic is a candy cane coral 5"x6"
And as far as the clam in the tupperware the wholesaler said to put in in some sort of container so it can foot to the bottom so worms and stuff cant eat the foot. But, i guess i could have put it in the sand and let it foot to the bottom of the tank?
But it's our first clam so i guess live and learn
crocea clams like to be in the rockworks anyways,, as well as as much light as they can get. your best bet is having it high up on the rocks anyways/ But you probably are not able to remove it without risking in jury to the clam at the moment if it is attached.
PS: Almost ALL bristle works wouldnt eat a clam or enter through the foot unless it is a dying clam. Plus, putting it in the sand would expose the foot even more than if you put it on a rock. so i have no idea why the wholesaler said that. Bristleworms are found in the sand too, not just the rock.

seannmelly

Just got some new additions!!! Just got a gold stripe maroon, his color is awesome very vibrant!! And a frogspawn!! Will post pics tomarrow!