plans to build a homemade wet dry

sign guy

peckhead build one out of rubbermaids but I have plans in my head to build one in my head out of a 20 tall, glass, and egg create

shrimpi

ok, I was posting a DIY link, I didnt even notice there was a forum on that site... sorry but I wasnt about to copy paste that entire thing. The page was a DIY page, not a forum setting.
I think it would have been helpful for someone to have been able to see that, and I think it was a little unnecessary to delete my post. but thanks

shrimpi

ok, I just went to the site, and they do have a forum(for freshwater/cichlids) on the site, but not the area I referenced.
They arent a competitor b/c they dont sell anything. Its an information base.
Sometimes I think the sites need to be looked at before just deleted. This one was not a threat IMO, but I guess at this point it doesnt matter.

sleasia

there are some in the archives...also search "DIY wet-drys" by Luke G under the equipment thread.

viper_930

Originally Posted by Shrimpi
ok, I just went to the site, and they do have a forum(for freshwater/cichlids) on the site, but not the area I referenced.
They arent a competitor b/c they dont sell anything. Its an information base.
Sometimes I think the sites need to be looked at before just deleted.
On the reverse side, sometimes the sites need to be looked at before posted.
j/k
We prefer no links to be posted, even sites not containing forums or a retail section.

shrimpi

We prefer no links to be posted, even sites not containing forums or a retail section.
the site wasnt shown on my post.
a "click here" hyperlink was posted- it did not state the name of the address anywhere on my post.
but again, it doesnt matter at this point b/c the moderator has already deleted it..

viper_930

Even a "click here" is not allowed. It's still a link. I did not say we prefer no site names to be posted. Of course, once you click on the link you'll find out the name of the site and the URL.

peckhead

ill post some pictures in a little bit of mine. its pretty good and prob will only cost u like 10$ if u have a spare tank laying around. ill sometime in the afternoon today...

peckhead

it works really good but im switching to reef so im going to change to a bigger fuge rather then the 2.5g dyi tuperware fuge shown in the picture

mr. green

Originally Posted by Mr. Limpid
Peckhead like your protein skimmer waste container.

For a second I thought maybe you were feeding that back into the tank, ya know for the fish!!!

a sea k

peckhead, It seems you have found the biggest secret to successful reefkeeping, an EMPTY bottle of Jim Beam. In my experiance I have found this to be more effective once empty than when they are full.