Plate Coral Help.

fordsvt04

Have a question. I have had a plate coral for a few months and all was good. Happy as can be. Well today I came home and the center of it is WHITE! like dead coral. What happen? I dunno. Wanter is good Temp is good. I dunno. it still has some green on the ends but if the center is white does that mean its a gonner? Anything I can do? Its on my sand bed out in open like its been.

petjunkie

Have you changed lighting recently? Nothing fell on it? As long as it is still putting out tentacles you should be okay, they can bleach all over and still make it, just feed it often, plates love to eat and need food to thrive. If it does die don't take it out of the tank as it will likely start producing babies off the skeleton.

grabbitt

I feed mine krill.. It loves it

Unfortunately, some plate corals can be unpredictable as to their lifespan. I had one die on me last year in perfect conditions

perfectdark

Originally Posted by fordsvt04
Have a question. I have had a plate coral for a few months and all was good. Happy as can be. Well today I came home and the center of it is WHITE! like dead coral. What happen? I dunno. Wanter is good Temp is good. I dunno. it still has some green on the ends but if the center is white does that mean its a gonner? Anything I can do? Its on my sand bed out in open like its been.
When you say white, is it white on its rock base? or is its flesh white? A plate corals mouth when its open is white, doesnt mean its dying just wants food.

fordsvt04

this was by its mouth but also extending torword the ends as well. Its belly is still pink so maybe it is ok i dunno. The last few days nothin has really changed still white like a dead coral but yet still glowing green under night lights. i dunno I guess Ill feed it more I was only feeding it maybe once a week is that not right? But it was doing so well. Nothing could have fell on it because its in the open. Unless a fish bumped it i dunno.