playing with my new cam--6pics

majakarot

my emerald only comes out with the lights off so i wanted to see how well the flash worked without the VHOs on

majakarot

zoom test 1- this cup coral is only about 2" across (i brought it to full screen surprisingly well), the lights are out so it is not green

majakarot

zoom test 2- 2 babies i think this is the pick that i could actually see the freshly hatched brine they were eating

majakarot

when the lights first go out they tend to huddle together, i snapped this shot with the flash as they were settling in

majakarot

i found that by getting close to the tank and then zooming way in, the flach reflects higher on the glass than where the lens is aiming, i think it is because i am focusing on the fish beyond the glass, if i don't zoom in enough i get the flash at the top of the pic-- i think all my tank pics come out better with the flash on, it kills the blue from the actinics so you can see the colors better

S

sebae0

maja ot a little but are you going to sell the baby cardinals? i live in michigan also where are you from? i would be interested in them later on down the road.

majakarot

i am going to sell them when they get older- i'll keep everyone posted
i am using a canon PowerShot A40-- they are last years model so i was able to pick it up under $200.00, i really like it
thanx for the interest:)