please allow me...

xlr8

to introduce myself. I've been lurking for a long time. I've been running a simple freshwater for quite sometime now and decided to take the challenge of a SW tank. I think I've got the wife talked into it. I've been educating myself and planning. I want to take this slow and start real simple. One question. What is the differences between the aquapod24 and the biocube 29 (besides the obvious 5 gal.)? Any advantages of one over the other? Thanks for the opinions!
By the way I've already found that I can get DI water for free from a friend that works at a water treatment plant, so I'm already ahead!

t316

Let me first say a big....Welcome to the boards xlr8

I'll let some others chime in here about the tank, but great that you are going to do your research here.

lil.guppy

Welcome to the board!
If budget allowith go for the kill and get a bigger tank!!!! I was going to start out with a 10 gallon nano and I came home with a 46 and man am I happy that I did!
Whatever you choose, welcome to the board and cant wait to see pictures of your new setup

keith burn

Originally Posted by lil.guppy
http:///forum/post/2906557
Welcome to the board!
If budget allowith go for the kill and get a bigger tank!!!! I was going to start out with a 10 gallon nano and I came home with a 46 and man am I happy that I did!
Whatever you choose, welcome to the board and cant wait to see pictures of your new setup

+1

snakeblitz33

5 gallons is a lot when it comes to small nano tanks like what you are thinking about setting up. Regardless of the features, the benefit of having extra water volume is what you should concern yourself with.