Please help id my clown

D

davidmwj

Originally Posted by ViPeR_930
Yes that also applies to maroons. It might actually be harder to find a mate for her though, since maroons are much more aggressive than ocellaris clowns.
I would like to do the same with mine, I guess there is no way to tell when they are in season, ie. more likely to accept a mate??

bang guy

There's no season for Maroons. She will beat the #&$^@* out of any Maroon you put in there. If it's a male and survives then there's a good chance they will bond. Unfortunately, with Maroons, the chance of survival before bonding isn't a sure thing.

actionjack

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
There's no season for Maroons. She will beat the #&$^@* out of any Maroon you put in there. If it's a male and survives then there's a good chance they will bond. Unfortunately, with Maroons, the chance of survival before bonding isn't a sure thing.
Doh! Well mine is still pretty small, you think I should get another smaller one before she gets real big and nasty?

D

davidmwj

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
Wow!!, not going to try it anytime soon then.
Thanks

spitfire

Definetly an Ocellaris.
From what I know, Clowns are rearely female when imported or bred, or at least I have never had any bad luck with them.
Also, Ocellaris's have been documented breeding with Percula's, but the results aren't very impressive.

greenchrom

Originally Posted by mryoung7
true percs have orange colored eyes while ocellaris have tea colored eyes. i'm referring to the color around the black center.
okay now that i look...i cant tell...i think they might be orange..or maybe tea..like what kind of tea? LOL sorry. its hard to tell she swims so fast! ironically i cant find ocilaris for sale at ANY of my LFS!!?

viper_930

Tea color like the eyes of your clown, because it's an ocellaris.
Ocellaris are often not labeled accordingly in the fish stores. They're just simply labeled as percula.

greenchrom

ROFL thanks Viper LOL okay i got it. So im gonna go to that damn LFS and be like $@$#@$ let me see your eyes lil fish. ...seroiusly...