Please Help Identify

cyslyde

ok I don't have a good camera, so I'm sorry I don't have pictures, but hopefully you can help with this.
My tank has been running for a little while, and about three days ago I started to notice little dots on the back of the tank. after closer inspection I found these dots are small White/ Tannish Spirals that look like snail shells with little brown feathers emerging from them. The don't move, and the spiral itself seems to be attached to the glass, not a foot like a snail would have. However, they have been multiplying like crazy and are now reaching other pieces of glass.. there kinda cool, but at the rate they are going i'm afraid they might clog something or hurt one of my creatures.
thanx
-=CY

cyslyde

i thought copopods were the little white ant like guys on my LR and sand.... if those aren't what are they, or are they both copopods, just diffrent types?

justinl

Nothing to worry about. Just small crustatians or something like that. If you look real cloase you can see they have little feathery appendages sticking out of the end of the spiral almost like a tube worm.

brian'sreef

indeed they are small feather dusters ..and yes they do grow everywhere but in no way are they bad or will they cause damage.. it's actually a pretty good sign.. just keep them scraped off of the glass where you don't want them, easy as that..
Brian

cyslyde

there not really a problem i kinda like them, they just went form like five to 500 in a matter of 24 hours :) just wish they were a little bigger so i could see them better