Please Help Puffy

tchrisp

I have a blue dot puffer that looks like he hasn't ate in a few weeks. Only thing that has changed is 2 new fish in this time spand. I got a Maroon Clown and a Lawnmower Belmee.
Do you know what i can do to help my puffer out on eating???? :mad: :mad:

porcpuf

How big is your tank? Have you tested the water & what are the readings? When was the last time he did eat?

fishieness

is his beak filed down enough so he can fit food in his mouth? is there any other types of behavior he has, besides not eating?

tchrisp

NH3/NH4 Ammonia 0
PH 8.6
Alk low
NO2 0.1
N03 2.5
Gravity 1.021
The beak is fine.
The puffer is hidding and not getting out and about.

Y

yeffre kix

Did he eat before? It took a while for me to get my porcupine puffer to start eating. All he would eat was dried shrimp which has little nutritional value. Try soaking some food in garlic that should entice him to eat. They like shrimp so raw shrimp from the store should be a good place to start. Good luck

lion_crazz

I have experienced this with the toby puffers. Try giving him something live dosed lightly with garlic. Try either live brine or live black worms. This should help get his diet back to normal. If he still does not eat, check your water parameters.

fishieness

sorry about that....
these things are hard, but happen, and sometimes, have nohing to do with us.
good luck in the future.

inxsu2

I, too, am so sorry that you lost your puffer. I got my first porcupine puffer yesterday and am watching him closely. So far, so good. But I can only imagine your devestation. Take care.
Patty