Please HELP...Seriously

kpk

Ok I'm kinda gettin worried. I was sitting in my kitchen, went to my room and my lights where off. I have halides that should be here by monday or tuesday, will everthing be ok? I am going to try and figure the lights out but??? I have clams, brains, etc.
Thanks,
Kyle

kpk

They are vhos on an icecap ballast. The actinics still work for a split second then go off. The whites wont even come on. Will my stuff be ok for a few days???

nas19320

I went 3 days with complete darkness in my tank with many LPS & softies, they did fine though they looked a little ragged at the end of the 3 days.

kpk

Ok so hopefully I will get the halides monday. I don't know what happened 007 they just quit. I just hope my clams pull through.

seaham358

Mine do this on occasion....
Take the bulbs out and clean the ends real good. It seems mine do this when the screw caps on the ends loosen a little and moisture gets in. it pisses me off when this happens.

kpk

ok did that and now one of the whites is burning but they are all burning dim now

ryebread

It sounds like one or more of your bulbs isn't making a good connnection with the endcap. I would check to see if any of the endcaps are loose. If any one of the bulbs loses it's connection........none of them will work.
Sometimes over time the endcaps will move away from the bulb a little bit if they aren't secure. Check it out.
Good luck.

enomadra

also check the connector on the ballast. The IceCap ballast has a really well desgined connector but you never know

I second the notion that you have a poor connection somewhere. Double check all the endcaps, especially the bulb contacts. Check the fuse too while your at it.