Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

n.y.mets

I BOUGHT A YELLOW TANG TODAY GOT IT HOME PUT IT IN THE TANK MY BROTHER NOTICE IT HAD ICK ON ITS FINS ..... IDONT HAVE A HOLDING TANK ITS WITH A CINNOMON CLOWN OR HOW EVER U SPELL IT AND AND SEA HORSE CAN I PUT IT IN FRESH WATER OR BRING IT BACK TO MY LFS :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: WHAT SHOULD I DO

E

exile415

first. seahorses should in a tank by itself ..
second. yellow tang isnt brackish. i would setup a cheap 10g QT.

n.y.mets

Originally Posted by exile415
WHAT DO U MEAN IBRACKISH

philgmiami

Originally Posted by exile415
he means a freshwater dip,

E

exile415

do you still have the shark egg ? How did you acclimate the yellow tang ? you should always put it in the QT. I would say, get a QT it's cheap and it helps A LOT !!
heres my qt
10G tank
HOB whisper 15
HOB aquaclear 150
Heater
Dead LR and a piece of dead coral
Sand (Not Live)
That's it .. You can put fish in there and you can see if it's eating and doing it's normal things. if it's not and has diseases and crap you can treat it in there ! so it's worth a lot.

pmahler3

I have a naso tang which developed ich. I took an old 10g tank with air pump and box filter. Just use the fiber no carbon. Filled with 1/2 tank water 1/2 with new water and added copper treatment. Put in a mug so the fish had a place to hid. Feed him, did a water change each week and was fully cured and back inmain tank in 3 weeks. Worked great. No expense (execpt for copper medicine).

S

sinner's girl

10gl qt for a tang is too small imo and would cause stress. Your qt should always be big enough to hold any fish you put in your main tank.
What size tank do you have?
If you just got him, why not take him back? Though, ick may already be in the tank and your clown is exposed.... I'm not sure about that, Beth or someone else would know. In the future, always check fish before buying them.
Also, don't use all caps. It looks like your screaming.