please help?

dankbuds

hello everyone.. i have a five gallon hex with the biowheel filter, some established water from some one elses tank, and some live sand..... i want a reef tank!!!!!!!!!:eek: can someone please tell me what i need to know about what kind of skimmer i can get for such a small tank and just anything else i should know.. any info would be great. thanks alot!

Hi,
I am certainly NO expert BUT from reading tons of posts I thiink people do pretty well without one in a nano... just do weekly water changes OR maybe use a fuge or sump..
Hope this helps... I wanted to post an answer for ya!
Kim

overanalyzer

my five gallon is a half hex with a HOB whisper and LS and LR for filtration .... no skimmer just weekly water changes - last night 3/4 of a gallon .....

overanalyzer

yeah I crammed two 13 watt PC lights in there for 26 watts overthe five gallons - cutting it back to 13 though and just doing shrooms.....

chevytrks

i had a refugium built for my 5 gallon
no skimmer just the fuge with caulerpa and live rock , and small sand bed
i am using an aquaglobe mini powerhead to feed into the fuge, and a penguin mini filter for wet/dry type filtration
i can go 4-6 weeks without a water change
for lighting i have 2 24 watt pc, one white and one blue
some days i just leave the white off to simulate cloudy day
try to post some pics next day or two

ophiura

Does that tank have a flourescent or incandescent light? It really is not the best tank for this sort of thing. Rather tall and narrow making circulation a problem. Remember...established water doesn't do much. The tank still needs to properly cycle!