please ID these anthias

dogstar

Hard to say from such a distant photo. But from going by the color pattern I can see, I'll guess Pseudanthias evansi

crt81

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Pseudanthias evansi
What is the name in lamens terms for people like myself who don't the correct name?

paintballer768

Google the name and it should have the common name with it. Alot of people identify things by the genus and species cuz a common name may have different meanings elsewhere. Evansi seems to be a yellowback anthias, which has yellow on top and pink on the bottom.
Ill take a shot and say female Lyretail Anthias (Pseudanthias squamipinnis) or Dispar Anthias (Pseudanthias dispar)

dogstar

Allow me to introduce everyone to one of my best freinds. This is Google Images. Please say hello.
http://images.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi
This is a shot of my FM P. squamipinnis, sometimes also called a Blue Eye anthia. Which I dont think is the OP's fish. But as I said, that photo is not very helpfull.

dogstar

Originally Posted by reefmania
That looks like a Lyretail.
If your refering to the pic I just posted...your right.
Welcome to the site.

luca brasi

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Allow me to introduce everyone to one of my best freinds. This is Google Images. Please say hello.
http://images.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi
This is a shot of my FM P. squamipinnis, sometimes also called a Blue Eye anthia. Which I dont think is the OP's fish. But as I said, that photo is not very helpfull.
looks like a female squarespot to me, just like the one in my tank.
The first pic is to small to tell...

Can you get a close up?
It looks like squapinnis(lyretail) anthias from here.It also looks like females are changing to males.Definitely not evansi,very slim chance its a square box female.

bullitr

i have a female squareback anthias my male die because its too big maybe old too. but the one on the picture is just pink with yellow tail

I won't be able to tell until you can get a close up.
My guess is still female lyretails in the middle of transforming into males.Could be a Bimac anthias,perhaps.