Plumbing Question

guyerson

I have a quick plumbing question. I am currently using a Directional U-Tube with a flare nozzle as the return from my sump into my display. I would like to split the flow so I can distribute more evenly to both sides of the aquarium. What do I need to achieve this? My initial thought is a 3/4" Y fitting and two pieces of 3/4" ball socket tubing. Would I be correct in my assesment?
Thanks!

natclanwy

Sounds right, I'm not sure what a directional U-tube is but, splitting the flow to each side of the tank should be as simple as installing a "T" or "Y" and plumbing it to where you want it to discharge in your tank.

gmann1139

Originally Posted by Guyerson
http:///forum/post/2711690
I have a quick plumbing question. I am currently using a Directional U-Tube with a flare nozzle as the return from my sump into my display. I would like to split the flow so I can distribute more evenly to both sides of the aquarium. What do I need to achieve this? My initial thought is a 3/4" Y fitting and two pieces of 3/4" ball socket tubing. Would I be correct in my assesment?
Thanks!
Don't even need the socket tubing. You can get another Y fitting, and just hook two nozzles up to the Y joint.
I actually did this on a tank. Had a 1/2" direction nozzle, split it, then added 6" of tubing to get down to the bottom of the tank, and put the other nozzle there. I also got an elbow, because it reduced the tubing I need to make the 90 degree turn.