plzz help.

reefr23

i want to set up a 25g fish only tank. i want the simplest and cheapest setup i can get. can someone help me out.

mboswell1982

reefr, did u forget everything i told you last night? im sorry buddy, but you cant do anything in this hobby cheap, that set up i showed you last night will be the most cost effective way for you to do anything, just write down, or print out hte list of stuff we worked up, and there you are good to go man

reefr23

yea i kno. but my lfs told me too look into a canister filter today. they said its the easiest way to run the tank. so i just asked to see if everyone thought the same. what do u think about the canisters? i understand u have to clean them monthly but will it get the job done?

mboswell1982

just go with the filtration you have, it will work fine, and it will keep you from having to fork out more money, the hob filters you have will work just fine with a 25g tank

teresaq

I agree. for a small tank like a 25, a lrg hob filter should be fine as long as you have plenty of rock. Base rock seeded with live rock will work too.
TeresaQ
You can always keep an eye out for a used canister if you really want one.
T

fau8

Agree HOB, lots of LR, and maybe a nano pwer head should work fine. Don't like the canister due to it being a high maintaince item for your size tank.

maryg

Originally Posted by fau8
http:///forum/post/2869190
Agree HOB, lots of LR, and maybe a nano pwer head should work fine. Don't like the canister due to it being a high maintaince item for your size tank.
1+

That is all I have in my 29gallon. It works fine. I have great coraline and my params are always good.