pods

hawkeyes73

I have a 55g and I have a ton of live rock no clue how many pounds though... but I got my lr from a friend who had his tank running for 5 years or so... and I'm not sure if I have pods or not... maybe I don't know what they look like but if not how do you get them or do they just come on their own... I was thinking about getting a blenny sometime in the future.. thanks!

gilpil

They should come on their own if your tank is healthy. The easiest way to see mine is to focus your eyes on the glass, either in the middle, or next to the substrate. You will see little tiny white bugs about the size of the point of a needle. They move sometimes, and a lot of them will just sit awhile. Sometimes you will get some pill shaped green ones that are much bigger and look like they have legs around their whole body.

duke13

Also, look for them when your lights are off. Usually they are shaped like the letter 'C'. I think they look like baby shrimp.
If you're considering getting a blennie or mandarin, you may want to set up a refugium. Also, before you buy the blennie or mandarin, make sure they eat other foods, especially if it's the mandarin.

jenn-e

You have to look really close. I did not think i had any, but when i found them there was a ton so i just didn't recognize them. Look at night with a flashlight right above the sand. You will see little white things moving around, remember, they are really small.

hawkeyes73

wow... I totally thought a pod was like... algea that grew outa rocks.. I learned something new today.. wow I'm dumb:notsure: