Pods

Just want to thank everyone that responded to my last post, asking what the little white creatures were in my tank. Through research we have came to the conclusion that they are pods. This has spawned another question though, has anyone every forgot to turn the lights on for one day and when the lights were turned on have the tank cleaned of a large amount of the algae?
It appears as though the pods are the ones cleaning.
Thanks
Barnaclegirl

brinkdrum

This used to happen to me. I had those things running all over my tank at night. It was kinda shocking at first to see little things like that running around your tank and you think "oh my god, what the heck?" Sends chills down your spine.

krishj39

It does amaze me how quickly algae disappears when the lights are off. On a related note, you should strongly consider getting a timer for you lights. All the animals in your tank are cyclic, and will be less stressed when the lights turn on and off at the same time every day. Besides, then you don't have to worry about remembering to turn on the lights. For the 5$ it costs to buy one, I don't see any reason not to use it. The timer--a cheap and useful piece of equipment.