Political humor

sigmachris

Is anyone watching the Alfred E. Smith dinner speeches on C-SPAN right now. Its a charity dinner for chatholic charity in NYC. Both Obama and McCain are there and speaking.
Its not the typical speeches from either one...it is a "roast" style speech with both candidates making fun of one another, themselves, Guilliani, Blumberg, and Hillary.
I was switching channels between the baseball game and college football, stumbled across C-Span and I can't change the channel. It is very funny if you have been following the campaigns and get the inside jokes. It is nice to see McCain and Obama having dinner together 4 feet apart and having some fun.

kingsmith

I was watching it last night and to be honest did not think it was that funny, sad because someone probably got paid big time to right those lame jokes. But what I find really sad is all that forced laughter, people were laughing at jokes before they were even finished. I mean come on everyone in the room laughing really hard at every single line, even the best comedians in the world cann't work a room that well

reefraff

McCain was a cut up. Obama didn't look too comfortable at times but did OK. He looked like he was really getting a kick out of most of what McCain said