Poll:Stocking my 29 gal. tank

percman

this is a poll on what everyone thinks i should put in my 29 gal tank......i am planning on having almost 6.0 - 6.4 watts per gallon if possible. so no matter what it is vote what you really love and you think i would from shrooms and polyps to clams and anem's........though i dont know if i will get a anem just so i dont get flamed i had to add that........so cast your vote.....thanks for your participation
jon

lionfish

I have just one question, why would you get flamed for having an anenome? I personally have two purple tipped anenomes that are doing fine. Its your choice if you want one but I reccomend an anenome. And I dont care if a person has a problem with what I said or not~!
LionFish~

clownfish

Your name is percman, so I assume you have or will have a percula clown in there. Therefore, you will eventually want an anemone BAD. Be careful with those.
Some of my favorite corals are hammer corals, bubble corals, and open brains. I will have all 3 when I buy and cycle my 55. The lighting sounds good for almost anything you want to keep. A crocea or derasa clam would do well in there.
You could also consider buying a coral beauty. They are awesome, but I've heard they pick at SPS, so be careful.

percman

ehhhhhh not necessarily (me wanting an anem) i know percs get along just fine w/ out them.....because people didnt flame me and taught me.......cool i do like clams ill check them out......keep them coming people i need more....heehhe cant get enough....... :lol:
thanks
jon

fishgirl

I would tell u a small tang, but i think ur tank's a bit small for such a space-loving fish. so try some clowns firefish and a pygmy angel. very cool. and get a clean-up crew and tons of LR.
-Jean

clayton

I think bubble corals are cool-mainly because they do so well. But my fav. has got to be xenia. I just purchased a pure white pulsing species that came from the red sea. The owner of the LFS said it was one of only four that he has had so far this year and he knows what he is on about. So as you can imagine it is getting the utmost attention. Hopefully I will be able to propogate this one too and share them around a bit.
As it is a 29g I would go for species that are fairly tollerent of fluctuations in water chemistry.

laneki

Hey Percman! I love percs also and mine have taken to the mushrooms in the tank. The other day one of the clowns laid on top of a rock with 35 shrooms and was suckling on another nearby. So... if you are afraid of being flamed for wanting an anemone, there are other choices out there to please your little clowns!

Originally posted by percman:
ehhhhhh not necessarily (me wanting an anem) i know percs get along just fine w/ out them.....because people didnt flame me and taught me.......cool i do like clams ill check them out......keep them coming people i need more....heehhe cant get enough....... :lol:
thanks
jon

jtoliver

I have a grape coral that I absolutly love. I have had it for about 3 weeks now and it is doing great. My two perc. clowns have just discovered it and I think they like it. I'm still not sure if it likes them though because when they start running through it, it pulls partially in. Does anyone know if it will get used to them?

percman

thats as classic a sign as i have heard they do this just because they arent quite sure whats going on but in time they will(clowns and coral) most likely grow to like each other as long as nothing is being expelled i think your good to go.!!!!!!