poor fishy

tazsbaby99

well i lost both my clowns this morning..
i thought was ich..but turned out to be brook...how long should i wait before adding more fish..and are the crabs gonna be okay that are already in there?
I did a water change yesterday....should i do another one?
levels have all been good...all at zero except nitrites..at 10, but its always been at 10...ph 8.4...
thanks for the help.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
You need to resolve the nitrite problem before thinking about adding any more fish.

izy

Hey Beth!
I had the same problem about 2 years ago, and i added extra charcoal bags to my filter. It made the water darker looking for a week, but cured all my problems!! Godd luck!

sepulatian

Originally Posted by tazsbaby99
well i lost both my clowns this morning..
i thought was ich..but turned out to be brook...how long should i wait before adding more fish..and are the crabs gonna be okay that are already in there?
I did a water change yesterday....should i do another one?
levels have all been good...all at zero except nitrites..at 10, but its always been at 10...ph 8.4...
thanks for the help.

Nitrites at 10? That is very high. There should be no measurable Nitrite at all. How long has it been at 10? That is definately enough to stress and kill any livestock. How big is your tank, how long has it been running and what else besides the crabs are in there? I am very sorry to hear that you lost your clowns. Brook Kills very quickly. I recently lost a clown to brook. Clown was fine one day and covered with pealing slime the next.

tazsbaby99

Originally Posted by rs1831
Are you sure that its not your nitrates that are at 10...
yeah its the nitrates that are 10...i couldnt figure out why beth said i had to bring it down..i was thinking...its always been 10...
im a dork...