pope died

bigarn

A GREAT MAN....... I don't think there will be another Pope like him. He will be sainted for sure. Rest in peace, Holy Father.

jkvjl

I'm not really a church going guy don't know why my parents raised me to be. But this Man had such a following it was unreal. He was half dead in front of a open window and thousands of people came out just to see him. He must have helped lots of people or the atleast made them feel better by praying with them.
RIP my loss for not learning more about you

knots

I am not Catholic and I should say that I don't agree with some of the Catholic ways. Having said that I believe that John Paul ll was one of the great men of our time. For 24 years he has spoken up on some of the biggest issues in the world today. When issues would come up such as abortion, euthanasia human rights issues, war, gay marriages & issues, morality issues and so many more that I can't think of now, He would always speak up and not be afraid of what anybody might think. He seemed to be not just the Pope of the Catholic Church, but a true believer in Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior and tried to bring unity to the world through Christ. I think he will be missed by many here on earth and I am fairly certain that when he stands before our Lord, the Lord will say well done, good and faithful servant.

fishking

some kids r so iggnorant, i heard sum kid say so who care all he was is a guy who waved his hand, i was about to beat the living s*** out of him, im watching the news and i saww how much he has done for the world

jkvjl

Sometimes people say dumb things when they don't understand. I'm a victim of this often. I'm glad you didn't beat the Sh&^ out of them it wouldn't of helped. They will learn as they get older.

fishking

yea i just felt really pissed that he could say something like that when he really didnt know how much he has done

Originally posted by fishking
some kids r so iggnorant, i heard sum kid say so who care all he was is a guy who waved his hand, i was about to beat the living s*** out of him, im watching the news and i saww how much he has done for the world

What has he "done for the world"?Nice you want to beat the crap out of someone because they have a differnt opinion.You believe everything on the news?They have to hit the poor guy in the head 3 times with a hammer before they can offically call him dead
Weird bunch of people if you ask me

sato

Originally posted by saltwaterdave
What has he "done for the world"?Nice you want to beat the crap out of someone because they have a differnt opinion.You believe everything on the news?They have to hit the poor guy in the head 3 times with a hammer before they can offically call him dead
Weird bunch of people if you ask me

Heh, good stuff.
I am an Athiest so its all wierd to me also, but I do agree with the fact that he has done alot fo this world, if nothing else he has influence over millions of the "Faithful" and can enact change very easily.
But to all those who regularly waste an dhour of their sunday at church:

(Dont take this as offensive, its all in good fun)

Originally posted by Sato
Heh, good stuff.
I am an Athiest so its all wierd to me also, but I do agree with the fact that he has done alot fo this world, if nothing else he has influence over millions of the "Faithful" and can enact change very easily.

What has he done for the world?Back up what ye say.:D "Influence" could be another word .......................figure that one out:D

sato

Id say he was a large part in the fall of the Soviet Union, and despite the fact that I dont beleive what he does others do and he gives out hope to millions of people. I fear to imagine what the majority of the population would be doing without that lingering fear of eternal damnation.

knots

Originally posted by Sato
Heh, good stuff.

Sato, just curious, what made you come to the decision that you are an Athiest.
And yes I am one of those who "waste" my Sunday mornings at Church.:yes: And I don't take offense to that at all. Life is full of choices, and I choose Jesus.:)

sato

I just cant believe that some all powerful being is floating in the sky and controlling all our moves. Its easier for me to believe Bigfoot is running around in the forest.
I also dont like the idea that something other then myself controls my life.
Religion in my opinion is a double edged sword. It has positives such as morality(not that nonbelievers arent moral people) but for those who do believe in religion it is a reason to stay on the straight and narrow other then just to be a decent human being, they get an eternal life in Paradise. It has negatives though such as Fanatacism, fanatics ruin everything...
Things like Magic and Religion come about when the unexplaned needs explaining because science cant give us a definitive answer. Had we had the scientific knowledge of the present several thousand years ago then I dont believe religion would have existed because 90% of our earth can be explained.
Although the nagging question still hangs, were did it all come from? but then again you could also ask, were did God come from?

molamola

“I just cant believe that some all powerful being is floating in the sky and controlling all our moves. I also dont like the idea that something other then myself controls my life.”
Although God is an all powerful being, God does not control all of our moves. If God were controlling all of our moves, we would not commit crimes and sin on a daily basis. God gave us volition and a conscience and the ability to make decisions and control our own lives.
”It has negatives though such as Fanatacism, fanatics ruin everything...”
Religion is not the only place where fanaticism can be found. Fanatacism is a human flaw that exists separately from Religion. True, religious fanatics exist, but religious fanatics ruin everything just as much as soccer fanatics and political fanatics.
”Things like Magic and Religion come about when the unexplaned needs explaining because science cant give us a definitive answer. Had we had the scientific knowledge of the present several thousand years ago then I dont believe religion would have existed because 90% of our earth can be explained.”
I think that other 10% speaks volumes about the existence of God. With or without science, Religion will still exist. Like science, Religion is constantly evolving as we learn, understand, and interpret.
”Although the nagging question still hangs, were did it all come from? but then again you could also ask, were did God come from?”
In my opinion, it all came from God. If scientists can believe in the concept of infinity, then it’s pretty easy for me to believe in a God that has no beginning and no end.
This is not intended to sound argumentative, just explaining a different view of things. :) As for the death of Pope John Paul II, I think he was an extraordinary man who led the Church through example, and affected the entire World. The next Pope will have difficult shoes to fill.

knots

Originally posted by MolaMola

Although God is an all powerful being, God does not control all of our moves. If God were controlling all of our moves, we would not commit crimes and sin on a daily basis. God gave us volition and a conscience and the ability to make decisions and control our own lives.
Great words Mola. Everything you said is so true, but this paragraph is what I try to get people to understand all the time. Non Christians and alot of Christians think God controls us like a puppet on a string and it's not easy sometimes to get them to understand the truth. You put it so well that I'm not going to add a thing.:)

sato

Originally posted by MolaMola
Then if god does not control anything here on earth then why do people ask him to effect change?
Religion is not the only place where fanaticism can be found. Fanatacism is a human flaw that exists separately from Religion. True, religious fanatics exist, but religious fanatics ruin everything just as much as soccer fanatics and political fanatics.
I agree and fanatics with anything can be trouble, however religous fanaticism has started more wars and caused more crimes then any other type of fanatacism in Human history
I think that other 10% speaks volumes about the existence of God. With or without science, Religion will still exist. Like science, Religion is constantly evolving as we learn, understand, and interpret.
I said 90% because science does not currently have an explanation for everything, think about 200 or even 100 years ago when Science could barely explain our world or the cosmos? Given another 100 or 200 years and we will probably be able to explain 99% or maybe even 100% of our surroundings.
In my opinion, it all came from God. If scientists can believe in the concept of infinity, then it’s pretty easy for me to believe in a God that has no beginning and no end.
This one is a hard point to argue for me. Infinity is simply and idea however and god is a conscious being so they are fairly different.
This is not intended to sound argumentative, just explaining a different view of things. :) As for the death of Pope John Paul II, I think he was an extraordinary man who led the Church through example, and affected the entire World. The next Pope will have difficult shoes to fill.
I agree that the Pope was a good man, he did alot for this world.