Porc puffer and small fish.

dstoneburg

I have two small clowns(about 1" maybe tad bigger) and I would like to purchase a porc puffer(3-4"). Would the porc puffer eat/kill the clowns?

ccampbell57

What kind of clowns are they? If they are Maroon clowns, then they will grow fast. If they are Percs then it will be a while before they are large enough to co-exist. Puffers are funny things. Some are great and dont bother anything, but if they are hungry and need food, they will eat anything.

ccampbell57

yeah if they are percs then I would highly suggest that you stay away from the larger puffers (porky, stars and stripes, etc.)
It will be a couple of years before your percs could handle a larger porky.
On the other hand, if you can find a pocupine puffer that is 2" you might have a chance.

dstoneburg

If I pick up a small spotted hawaain, would it pick on shrimp? Also since were playing 20 questions, how does a yellow watchman do vs a diamond for cleaning a SB?

ccampbell57

I would bet the house on the fact that the spotted hawaiian would pick on the shrimp. All inverts are fair game to puffers.
As for the gobies...I am not sure about cleaning, but I do know I like the yellow watchmen better (color). My favorite is the blue spot though.

mie

Originally Posted by dstoneburg
If I pick up a small spotted hawaain, would it pick on shrimp? Also since were playing 20 questions, how does a yellow watchman do vs a diamond for cleaning a SB?
We have a blue spot hawaiian he lives with a large hermit and does not mess with himbut i would'nt trust one with a shrimp. Also the gold stripe maroon clown would be the safest choice with the puffer, they do grow fast and can be VERY aggresive especially if they are hosting. But they are extremly beautiful

stdreb27

I have a dog face with a couple very small damsels and have never had a problem, but the dog face has eaten the entire clean up crew.