Porcupine in a 40g?

violet puff

I have done a lot of research, and I know it is recommended to have a porcupine puffer in larger tank, but space is limited, and I was wondering if I could start out with a baby in a 40g, upgrade down the line, once I get a larger apartment. If 40g is not even suitable at all, then what is the minimum reasonable/realistic size, I mean would a 55 or 60 be enough then? Anyone with experience on the species- I love the species and would want it to have enough room to be happy, but seriously, it says they get to be 12 inches but all the ones I have seen and talked to people about that were several years old werent more than 5". Thanks guys, VioletPuff

michaeltx

the problem with a planned upgrade something usually ALWAYS comes up so its put off. by the time you know it the fish is to big and you cant upgrade or find it a home.
also my porky that was rather small grew quickly and used the entire 4 foot lenght of the 100 gallon tank he was in. I would not suggest it persoanlly.
Mike

violet puff

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
the problem with a planned upgrade something usually ALWAYS comes up so its put off. by the time you know it the fish is to big and you cant upgrade or find it a home.
also my porky that was rather small grew quickly and used the entire 4 foot lenght of the 100 gallon tank he was in. I would not suggest it persoanlly.
Mike
Hey, thanks for the responce. By the way, how big did your porky get and how soon?

michaeltx

I got him when he was about 3 inches if that and by the time I sold him back to the pet store he was probably about 6 inches in about 6 months if that.
I will see if I can find a pic of him.
Mike