Porcupine Puffer?

jds61403

Is a porcupine puffer an absolute no, no in a tank with any corals or anemones? My LFS says they will only mess with a few. :notsure: Is this true or should I add it to the pile of lies in which they sit atop? Also will they out grow a 29gal? Are they very aggressive? Just trying to research before buying. Sorry for being an idiot, I'm a newb!
Thanks for the help.

S

surfinusa

yes they are telling you lies he will eat all of your corals and inverts and will grow to 18 inches and they are also very aggressive

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by jds61403
Is a porcupine puffer an absolute no, no in a tank with any corals or anemones? My LFS says they will only mess with a few. :notsure: Is this true or should I add it to the pile of lies in which they sit atop? Also will they out grow a 29gal? Are they very aggressive? Just trying to research before buying. Sorry for being an idiot, I'm a newb!
Thanks for the help.
I would definitely not consider them safe with corals and anemones.
They will outgrow a 29 gallon very quickly.
They can be aggressive depending on the enviroment they are in.
You are DEFINITELY not an idiot. Quite the opposite, I think you are actually extremely intelligent. You are asking questions on a discussion board and doing research before getting a fish. Couldn't ask for any more than that!