Porcupine puffer

sheshe

I got a puffer today that appears to have an air buble trapped inside it anything I can do?? the seller offered to take him back if it didnt recover, but I have fallen for it,s bright blue eyes!!!!!!!!!!!! and would like to keep it, it is feeding and swimming O.K any help would be gratefully accepted.

darren111

Hi sheshe I have never heard of that problem before but i guess if it is feeding well and swimming well I guess it should be alright and mybe the bubble will go. Goodluck........Darren.......

sheshe

Good day Darren, Well guess what a slim line puffer this morning it seemed to right its self, thanks for the concern from "down under" as an ex pat Brit I appreciate the concern from one of my countrys "exiles" :)

pufferlover

What probably happened is the Puffer Puffed up while being bagged. In this case you lucked out because more often then not when they Puff out of water and are put back in they cannot expel the air. Yours probably puffed before coming out of the water and that helped it get rid of the trapped air after being returned to water. I never never try to catch mine with a net always a container so they are never out of water completely.