Porcupine puffer

funkysean5

Just have a few questions. So... When you first introduce it to your aquarium is it suppose to hide a lot? And is this fish nocturnal? Because it doesn't come out during the day but during the night. One more question; how long can it go without eating? Thanks for any help.

anonome

Fish will hide when first introduced. Are the lights in your tank much brighter than the lights he came from? This will scare them somewhat. But, with time he should be out and about.

funkysean5

Originally Posted by Anonome
http:///forum/post/2933552
Fish will hide when first introduced. Are the lights in your tank much brighter than the lights he came from? This will scare them somewhat. But, with time he should be out and about.
Thanks for the help.
And I don't think the lighting is that much brighter.

pleasants9

yeah mine usually hides in between rocks and on the ground during the day time at first i thought he was sick, then at night he becomes active. for the longest time i fed him at night so he could get his share of food easier. theyre a great fish mine always gets excited when i come by the tank

taz5

Had the same problem.
It took the puffer 3-4 weeks to come out and swim.
Good luck.

My new puffer I got last week is doing the exact same thing right now, and he is by far the biggest boy in the tank. He is slowly getting better too. Good luck and puffers are the best!

unleashed

mine also hid alot at first but do try to feed daily as time goes by he will start to recognize you as his food source and start showing himself more as he sees you.. at least this is the case i have found with mine..mine hides much less when he is hungry after hes been fed he goes back into his plant and relaxes

insane96

Originally Posted by pleasants9
http:///forum/post/2933624
yeah mine usually hides in between rocks and on the ground during the day time at first i thought he was sick, then at night he becomes active. for the longest time i fed him at night so he could get his share of food easier. theyre a great fish mine always gets excited when i come by the tank
yeah those fish are awesome i'am a trigger fan myself i own a clown trigger and a huma huma the huma likes to hide somewhat but he is a very surprising fish triggers are much tougher than everybody thinks my huma is mabye two inches long and lives with a ten inch volitan loinfish and other very agressive large fish triggers are just like that