Porites problem. Sammy, what do you think?

spyderreef

I asked this question yesterday and I don't know how to bump this to the top. Here are more details on my water parameters.
I am losing my porites on a piece of LR with Christmas Tree Worms. I've had it for a couple of months and was doing great. A friend of ours was moving and was in a hurry to get rid of his 120. I put most of the LR and a few corals in my tank because there was no time to set up something temporary. Since then I have been having a water problems(high phosphates, nitrate and nitrites). As of yesterday here are the stats: Salinity 1.23, pH 8.2, low nitrate test kit 1 (no med. range test kit so could be higher) no phosphates, CA 375, ALK 2.97. Not too bad but I am still battling brown algae. I also removed two rather large red tree sponges that were fading and rotting away that were right behind this rock. I have a 125 with 2 175 watt 10,000k MH that I run 8 hours a day. The porites sits on the bottom of my tank. Should I move it in the middle of my tank? How about leaving my light on 12 hours? I did recently add a powerhead to improve water flow. Anything else I can do?

spyderreef

That makes sense. This coral seems to be dying at a very fast past and I want to stop it. I will move it higher in my tank. Will the porites benefit from DT's?