possible ick

Hi, We just introduced 4 days ago a show vlamingi tang to our 300g fish only tank. All levels are good nitrites are a little high.
Also in the tank two puffers, two groupers, french angle, lion fish, a naso, a purple and a clown tang and a foxface.
The tang is covered in white spots he is eating and starting to get used to the tank. The other tangs were territorial with him at first. What do you think, should we treat the tank or just do a good water change?
Thank you for your help

No quarantine . What is hyposalinity? Would use copper, put some liquid vit. in tonight and have liquid garlic. None of the other fish are showing anything yet. Thank you

Thank you for your help. If I do treat it with something do I do a water change after? What %. If I don't treat it and use the garlic and vitamins, should I do a water change?
The fish is looking a little better today I have never done the hyposalinity before.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Does the tank have live rock in it or is it strictly fish only?
Go to the FAQ Thread at the top of this forum and read the section on Hyposalinity. This is the best and safest treatment for ich. Don't add copper to that tank.