Post pics of your: Leather toadstools

richarl5

I recently went to my LFS and saw a really cool toadstool there that I was considering to buy, so I thought I would start a thread for people to post pics of theirs and possibly what conditions the toadstools need to thrive.
Thanks!
Lisa

J

jrthomas40

Originally Posted by richarl5
I recently went to my LFS and saw a really cool toadstool there that I was considering to buy, so I thought I would start a thread for people to post pics of theirs and possibly what conditions the toadstools need to thrive.
Thanks!
Lisa

heres mine...doesnt take much to care for them...mine likes the flow to be on it and every once in a while when you notice its not opening i take my 1.5ml sucker thingy ( cant think of what is actually called right now for some reason) and blow of the shedding skin cuz they need help shedding

puffer32

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
Here's one my Clown enjoys once in a while.
Dang Bang, i thought mt toadstool was huge :scared: I had to trim mine back cause he was shading half my corals, yours must shade half your tank

N

nemo_66

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
every once in a while when you notice its not opening i take my 1.5ml sucker thingy ( cant think of what is actually called right now for some reason) and blow of the shedding skin cuz they need help shedding
hello, can i ask what the shed looks like. is it like a clear coat or kinda like some white chunks when it comes off? because i have a leather, he is healthy as an ox(knock on wood) and just shut itself. thanks. here is a pic when it was full open.
and, is this the 'sucker thingy'?

ninjamini

My LFS has a brown toadstool that is about 2' across. They wont sell him. they just plan to let him grow.

richarl5

Originally Posted by ninjamini
My LFS has a brown toadstool that is about 2' across. They wont sell him. they just plan to let him grow.
WOW!
Thanks for sharing all the pics guys! They look awesome! I'm pretty sure I want to go get it. Are there any last comments/complaints about this coral?

drew2005

here is mine. its huge and its getting ready to split. You can tell how big it is. Look at the size of my clown compared to it. :hilarious

ukcats

Drew, that thing is sooo much better than the one I have. What species is it? Ya gonna frag it anytime soon???

drew2005

Originally Posted by UKCATS
Drew, that thing is sooo much better than the one I have. What species is it? Ya gonna frag it anytime soon???

Im not even sure. I bought it as a leather mushroom toadstool. It is a slight brown color. Im going to assume Sarcophyton sp. I think its getting ready to split. The middle of the stalk attached itself to a rock slightly higher up and its folding in a weird way. The polyps are about 3-4 inches in length. If it doesnt split, i might frag it for a trade.