Post Pics of your Wrasse!

sleasia

All I have are my two cleaner wrasses, which I recently learned are also called blue streaks...here they are

alyssia

Originally Posted by sleasia
All I have are my two cleaner wrasses, which I recently learned are also called blue streaks...here they are

How do you manage to keep those alive?

sleasia

Alyssia...what ? are they difficult? they don't seem to be, they eat everything everyone else eats, flake, pellet, mysis, and nori....? they have always been fine? do you mean because they say to have only one per tank? the lfs told me to get two...afterwords I read you should only have one per tank...but these two have become great friends, they hang out together, and do the "dance of the cleaner wrasse fairies" together...see (or is there some terrible thing again, that I don't know?) they have been in the tank at least 6 months maybe more.

mrdc

Originally Posted by sleasia
Alyssia...what ? are they difficult? they don't seem to be, they eat everything everyone else eats, flake, pellet, mysis, and nori....? they have always been fine? do you mean because they say to have only one per tank? the lfs told me to get two...afterwords I read you should only have one per tank...but these two have become great friends, they hang out together, and do the "dance of the cleaner wrasse fairies" together...see (or is there some terrible thing again, that I don't know?) they have been in the tank at least 6 months maybe more.

I think the concern is that cleaner wrasse only eat parasites or something like that. So basically the parasites gone, the fish gone. Anyway, a cleaner wrasse supposedly has a very low survival rate. Maybe you are doing good with parasites

Just kidding...I don't know how long their survival rate is w/o parasites.

N

n_sarno

If they are eating the other food they should be fine. Most will not accept foods though.

sleasia

Hmmm...this is weird, because all of my fish are qt'd for 3-4 weeks in hypo and are ich free....the wrasses keep trying to clean them though,
but I have seen the wrasses both eating regular fish food also every day!!! I thought you were saying they would kill each other. when I first put them in, one dissapeared for a week, hiding in the live rock....I assumed it had died because I didn't see it...then after a week it came out. the two wrasses each claimed different sides of the tank at first, then after a week or two of this, they seemed to begin liking each other. Now they frolic together all over the tank. :happyfish :happyfish I was a bit upset with the lfs, who recommended two, because after I put them in the tank I read somewhere you should only have one per tank....

sleasia

Nice wrasses everyone. I always loved those bird wrasses, and the coris I never saw before nice pic....these all add alot of color to a tank! I'll try and take pics of mine eating. this morning they pigged out on flake food. I hope they do ok... Maybe I should throw in a bottle of parasites for them lol