Post Vacation aquarium pictures

misty7850

Well Hubby and I went to upstate NY from Late June till last week. My son was aquarium sitting.. Other than my smaller Chromie being mia, and a hefty build up of coraline and algae on the glass of the aquarium, it fared pretty good. I spent Saturday cleaning up (ugghhh I hate clean up day).. scraped the glass, thought I got all the algae off but I noticed later, there's still some near the bottom of the aquarium.. Need longer arms I guess. Anywho, I just couldn't resist getting some new pictures. My anemone is hiding behind a rock now and thus the clowns with it.. It took awhile to coax them out, but they soon got over being mad at me and came out to pose for pictures.. Hope you enjoy.. I didn't get any tank shots.. For some reason, I cant seem to get a good full tank shot, comes out blurry..

murph145

more coraline please.... lol dang u have tons of it even ur poor hermit is just a purple blob!
nice pics and its good that ur tank fared so well while on vacation....
vacations are always a stressful time at my house lol

misty7850

Thanks everyone.. Your right, vacation is a stressfull time.. We take our dogs with us, but of course can't take the aquarium.. LOL.. Thank goodness my son is close by to help out.. He knows just enough to keep em fed.. Thanks to auto top off, all he had to do was keep my 10 gallon container filled with RO water, which last for a week..
And of course I leave the number of our LFS in case of "Emergency"... LOL>...
I still haven't located my smaller chromie.. I looked in the aquarium, the refuge/sump.. on the floor around the tank.. I guess he must have died and got eaten by the clean up crew.

bojik

what type of coral is that las picture you posted its pretty cool :) all in all ncie set up

misty7850

Thanks.. I asked on the boards before what kind of coral that was and was told it is star polyps... I didn't think so but... haven't found any other info on it. I like it.. it is cool

hot883

Originally Posted by misty7850
Thanks.. I asked on the boards before what kind of coral that was and was told it is star polyps... I didn't think so but... haven't found any other info on it. I like it.. it is cool
Are they white stars?