Post Your 72 Bow Front Tanks

thenamshow

nice, im looking into getting a 70 something gallon tank, how much did you pay for the tank, stand and lights?

bill109

Originally Posted by iampumpkinman
How long have you had that tank going for? :jumping:
please share!
tht is AMAZING!
i think tht is one of the best looking 72 gallons..

5 years.....everything is so overgrown.I really need to start fragging.My toadstool is so big it can't open completely.it just hits the front glass and in the wine glass are goniophytes(baby flowerpots).Warning:colt corals grow way to fast,that has only been in their a year.It was about 3 inches,now well over a foot.
Thanks for the compliments

gdleader

That thing is huge!! Beautiful tank I admire you for because of it lol. I got two 72gallons as well sw and fw sw just started about 3 months ago.

teamsleep

Do you do anything special for you tank as of dosing or anything to keep them growing like that? You may say it is overstocked but I think it looks amazing. Have you expirienced any of the coral dying becuase of each other? Any information on your tank would be great. I absolutley love it. Water flow, filter, skimmer, lights, what are your levels? LOL Sorry for all the questions.

Were you referring to me?
Honestly,not really.I just do weekly 10% waterchanges a week.I do dose Iodine(Lots of softies means rapid iodine depletion).My system is very simple:protein skimmer,powerheads,and canister(cleaned weekly).Lights are JBJ 4x65w PC's.
Oh and my trates are always near 10ppm.I feed phylaplanton(sp?),and cyclopeeze.oyster egg(mainly for the Gonio).I'm no expert but I think my coral benefits from having slight nutrients in the water.
Here's my tank from one year earlier,you can see how they have grown.

brucoh

Very nice, reeffreakgeek. You give us all others hope that don't run a complex system of sumps, dosers, closed loops, recirculating skimmers and whatnot. It's always nice to see someone keeping it simple and getting equal results as those who drop a boatload of cash into their systems. What kind of skimmer do you have on there? I see the collection cup peeking up over the back.