Potter's Angel will not eat!

trigga

I purchased a Potter's Angel 1 week ago. The fish is absolutly stunning. The problem is that it will only pick at live rock. I have tried frozen Pygmy food, live brine shrimp, frozen brine, Red algae sheets, sinking algae pellets, and 2 types of flake, Any suggestions?
Thanks!!

horhey

I am no expert on fish, but I would give your Potter's Angel some more time to adjust to your tank. I just got a Coral Beauty Angel about 3 months ago, and it took him 3 12 weeks to start eating live food. I feed him a little blood worm and live brine. When I first got him I was worried, but since all the CB did was pic at rock all day, I didn't spend to much time thinking about it. You also might want to try feeding your fish somegreens. I will say this, Potters Angel are one of the harder Angels to keep, so watch him carefully. Hope this helps.

angles and tangs love romain lettuce.
Originally posted by Trigga:
I purchased a Potter's Angel 1 week ago. The fish is absolutly stunning. The problem is that it will only pick at live rock. I have tried frozen Pygmy food, live brine shrimp, frozen brine, Red algae sheets, sinking algae pellets, and 2 types of flake, Any suggestions?
Thanks!!

krazzydart

I'm sure he will be fine... is his stimouch sunk in or full lookin'????? he probally eats when you are not lookin'...!!!

trigga

His stomach looks fine and he is acting healthy. The local pet store was selling some long stringy red algae and he picks at that sometimes along with the live rock.