powder blue and naso

michellej

i have a 125 gal right now but i am going to be upgrading to a 250. right now i have a naso tang about 4 inches. i want to get a powder blue around 2-3 inches. can i do this or are they too similar in family and shape that they will fight?

testieone

Im no expert by any means but I would say that with a tank that big, it shouldn't be an issue. I suppose it would be best if they were younger but I see / hear on this board all the time that type of thing is done.

dogstar

IMO yes, all tangs are of the same family but those two are different Genus and dont look the same IMO but hey are of the meanest of tangs but if you add the powder when you get the new tank ready and QT beforhand so its ready as you move every thing over then should be fine.
Just think that after you put them in and they get established it will be hard to add others after wards so might want to add others at the same time if you think you will want any others. Hope that makes scence.

michellej

Originally Posted by Dogstar
IMO yes, all tangs are of the same family but those two are different Genus and dont look the same IMO but hey are of the meanest of tangs but if you add the powder when you get the new tank ready and QT beforhand so its ready as you move every thing over then should be fine.
Just think that after you put them in and they get established it will be hard to add others after wards so might want to add others at the same time if you think you will want any others. Hope that makes scence.
i normally qt my new fish for 3 weeks should i qt the powder longer

dogstar

Only if it starts to show signs of a problem like parisites ect. that will take longer for treatment. The Qt is mainly to allow a fish to recover immune system from stress of shippment ect. so if it does fine as far as eating and seems healthy after 3 weeks then IMO 3 weeks is enough.

boalgf

I had my powder blue in QT for just under a month and saw no signs of ich. 2 days after putting it in my 125, ich appeared. I think for these ich magnets, you might want to do a preemptive hypo treatment while they are in the QT tank.