Powder Blue or Sohal Tang

fish4901

Which one should i get (Powder Blue or Sohal Tang) for my 125. I already have a yellow and blue hippo in my 75. What do you think???
That blue hippo is a challenge. He is starting to get HLLE because he isn't very big and hides all the time and sometimes won't come out to eat his food. He would rather hide. He eats quite a bit of seaweed that I give him and the yellow tang every day. Anyway and he and the yellow tang have never had ick though. So, whatever.
I like the Sohal tang but my mom likes the PBT.
Help us decide.
Thanks for your help!!!:jumping:
:happyfish

S

sebae0

sohols can be aggresive and powder blue are somewhat difficult to care of. if your have problems with your hippo i wouldn't get either until you figure out what the problem is, maybe stray current, or agression from the yellow.

chandler04

I would stay with a sohal, but then again, they might get to be too big for 125 gallons. Powder Blues are nice, but then again, they need very good water and other peaceful tankmates.

I

irenicus

Fix your hippo problem first.
Then go with a powder blue... better color in my opinion.

otradnoje

neither, sohals are just too aggresive for that small of a tnak, i'm not the tang police but i've seen them attack their owners hands in addition to other fish in tanks as large as 220's. have you considered maybe a naso?

stacyt

Niether one of them. Sohal can get aggressive, and will most likely outgrow a 125. Powder Blue is delicate, and needs good water quality.
From the description that you give on the problems that your having now, I would say you need to research a little more.
That hippo will outgrow the 75, and it's likely hiding because you have 2 tangs in the 75. Move the hippo to the 125, and let it be the only tang in the 125.
Also what else are you feeding. HLLE is most often caused by improper diet.

D

dwdunston

You commented in your reply about stray current. Do you know something about voltage in the water? Is there a way to get rid of it? I have a 4.4V in my sump? Help Sorry I ask this on someone else's post.

lionfish1

Originally Posted by dwdunston
You commented in your reply about stray current. Do you know something about voltage in the water? Is there a way to get rid of it? I have a 4.4V in my sump? Help Sorry I ask this on someone else's post.
A grounding probe.

drago

Get the powder blue because the sohal gets way too aggressive for a 125 I hav a powder blue in my 125 it is one of the most beautiful fish. Good luck

lion_crazz

You asked this in a very old thread. Why don't you open up a new one and ask your question in a new one. You will get many more replies there. Also, I am not sure what you are asking.

lion_crazz

This thread is from 2004. I think the original poster may up his/her mind.
The sohal might be okay in a 240 depending on what else you are putting in with him. Usually they will become too aggressive for most people's tanks.

lionfish1

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
This thread is from 2004. I think the original poster may up his/her mind.
I didn't even look at that.