powder blue tang question...

chadman

i just put him in my gfriends tank an hour or so ago...he is swimming around like a nut in circles and such....is this normal? he was rather expensive so i don't want him to die!!

acrylic51

Yeah....how big of a tank, how long has the tank been setup, and how long did you drip acclimate him......This is definitely 1 fish that should have went into quarantine......Don't be shocked if he breaks out with ich.......

bgrae001

Originally Posted by acrylic51
Yeah....how big of a tank, how long has the tank been setup, and how long did you drip acclimate him......This is definitely 1 fish that should have went into quarantine......Don't be shocked if he breaks out with ich.......
I bought one and didn't QT and it died with ich 5 days later! Now all of my fish are in QT getting rid of the ich.

skipperdz

i know they are pretty fish but after all the complaints and loss lives i dont think ill ever purchase one...they seem to contract ich very easily

bgrae001

Originally Posted by chadman
i just put him in my gfriends tank an hour or so ago...he is swimming around like a nut in circles and such....is this normal? he was rather expensive so i don't want him to die!!
What is the status of your Tang?

S

surfinusa

i hope hes in at least a 125 they swim a lot so he will get stressed in a smaller tank