powder blue tang

vedderjam

has anyone had any luck with powder blue tangs. I love them but my dad has always had trouble keeping them. is there a certain thing that will keep them healthy or alive?

fishcrazy2

i have good luck with mine but idk what i did but make sure u perfect water conditions and that u feed them algea it will build up there imunity system so they dont get ich which is very esy for them to get

guineawhop

on top of what fish crazy said make sure there is lots of current and lots of airbubbles coming from the powerheads creating the current. these fish live in very oxygenated water and have lots of current. that is why these fish usually parish. that and water quality.

scubadoo

It is the texture of the skin that contibutes to the parasites ease of attaching to most tangs. This is where the prone to ich comes from. If they had a "rougher" type outer body they would not be such an easy target for the parasites.
A medium to large powder blue would not be happy in a four foot long tank for long. A small powder bue would survive for a brief time in a tank this long. They really like at least six feet of swimming space to thrive and be healthy and happy.
Yes, folks will say I have had one in a four foot tank...but keep in mine that it will grow and eventually feel cramped, stress and die. Could be a week, month are a couple years...maybe even longer but an adult blue needs more area,
Macro Algae is the best food you can feed your tangs. The powder blue also likes good steady water quality as previously posted. once they settle in they can be agressive towards their neighbors. especailly in smaller tanks.
Personally, I think a Kole tang would be a good choice for your system. They require planty greens and algae. They are like cows constantly grazing.