Power Back Up System

silverback

I recently lost a lot of my fish due to a power failure unfortunatley it happened in the early hours of sunday morning. i have now replaced my stock but i do not want this to happen again as not only is it upsetting but also very costly.I have just discovered a company who produce and supply a power back up system for all aquatic users there site is called
WWW.MAXIMUSPOWER.CO.UK www.maximuspower.co.uk i have now decided to join and help them with technical input as i do believe that loosing stock to power cuts or fuse trips need not be a threat to our wonderfull finned freinds. :happyfish

offshore80

I use this:
TRIPP LITE APS750 POWERVERTER APS 750 INVERTER 750W 12VDC-120VAC 2OUTLET
It uses a car battery in a marine box. It has a automatic transfer switch and recharging system. a little pricy at $300. But it works.
It has run a couple hours before keeping my system running while I was at work.

azocean709

Originally Posted by Offshore80
I use this:
TRIPP LITE APS750 POWERVERTER APS 750 INVERTER 750W 12VDC-120VAC 2OUTLET
It uses a car battery in a marine box. It has a automatic transfer switch and recharging system. a little pricy at $300. But it works.
It has run a couple hours before keeping my system running while I was at work.
where did you get that....I want one!

offshore80

Off the internet. Just do a search on Tripp lite aps750 and look for the best price. Where I live it seems like we have power outages due to new construction all the time. This seem to do a good job. But that Maximus power sounds good too.

lubeck

I lost my power about 14 times last year, which lasted about 5 hours min. I got a generator 6500 watts. It will rum both my tanks of about 2000w plus my refrigerator and lights oh and my furnace fan. I have'nt got to use it yet though, but i am sure it will come in handy.

offshore80

Yeah, I have a generator too. But, I needed something for when I was at work and not able to get there for a couple hours.