Power head problems

chance

ive had a power head kill a shrimp and it just killed a green chromise fish

should I just get rid of the power head or buy a new one?

fedukeford

I bet it starts swimming with those moster teeth powerheads have... the fish and shrimp were probably already dieing or dead when they got stuck in the powerhead.
Feduke

chance

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
how is it killing them?
its sucking the fish onto the the grate underneath the power head and they die

chance

Originally Posted by fedukeford
I bet it starts swimming with those moster teeth powerheads have... the fish and shrimp were probably already dieing or dead when they got stuck in the powerhead.
Feduke
I the last time i saw the fish it was healthy and the shrimp died because right after i released it out of the bag it swam onto the power head and got sucked onto the grate and died

reefkprz

the power head should have come with an attachment that clips over the grate to stop that from happening it should still be in your box or if you dont have it buy a power head that has a protective screen, maxijets are good or rios for low end powerheads.

socal57che

Go to a sporting goods store and find the little plastic practice golf balls that look like a miniature wiffle ball and enlarge one of the holes (combining more than one hole) so that it fits over the cone of the powerhead inlet tightly. This will help prevent livestock from sticking to the powerhead inlet.