Power Heads

jbax

I have two power heads in my tank that can only be mounted using the suction cups. My tank has a lip on it that does not allow me to hang them by the overhang mount. For some reason (Due to algae or whatever) the suction cups will eventually fall of the glass wall of my tank and the powerhead naturally falls with it. I was wondering if anyone had an idea to fix my dilema. I don't know how to mount them to prevent this from happening.
thanks,

joe5_15

try to lick the tips, jk all i can say that it is more than likely is algae just scrub with some kindabrush even your plumbing brush just clean it off reeeaaalll good but i just think it is sliding o algae

Jbax,
Depending on what your lip is made of, there are a few ways to rig them up.
If youy have a plastic lip you can cut the lip so your powerhead will stay.
If its not plastic or youy dont want to cut anything, you might try taking some plastic strips and placing them in such a way that they will act as a stabilization bar on this lip.
my .02
Dan

daluminum

if your wire is insulated and the PH is submersable. just put the PH where you want it and bend the wire over the edge of the tank. If you put a nice crease in it the wire will support the weight of the pump. If not.. try hanging the hook that the suction cup goes into, over the edge of your tank.