Powerhead Recommendations??

aqua blue

I am going to add a powerhead to my tank for extra circulation. Has anyone used the Power Sweep models? If so how well do they seem to work? I've also thought about the Aqua Clear models with the quick filter attachments to help polish the water. Any feedback is appreciated.

cap'n pete

I've used a powersweep for a few years now. I have the older model and it is VERY touchy. It requires constant cleaning and fiddling with to keep it sweeping. I don't know if the newer ones work any better. I just purchased a AquaClear 402 and don't like it either. It has a tendency to blow bubbles out for no reason. It's also very bulky and the sponge attachment looks hideous. I've used Penguin (Marineland) powerheads and liked those. MaxiJet are also highly recommended on this BB. HTH

new

i have 2 powersweeps that have been going fine for about 3 months now without any probs. they were a nightmare when i first got the setup but that is because the lfs sold me an ugf and these for the uplifts so they were always clogging, that has been removed.

cobra2806

I didn't like the Powersweep, first because the sweeper part that moves stuck at least once a day, second it does have an adjustable flow rate but the sweeper motion changes with that so the more flow the faster the sweeping motion which is no good IMO. I use the Powersweep now to mix the saltwater before water changes. I like the Pengiuns the best or Maxi's fi using a wavemaker.