Powerhead suction cup falling off

lefty1

I have an older powerhead that I am using on a new tank I am setting up. It has three suction cups that keep coming "unsucked" and I have tried sanding the crap off of them. I need ideas so that the powerhead won't fall down and blow everything around when it's all set up.
So far, the only one I heard was fishing line. I don't want to ghetto rig it if there's a way to get the suction cups to work again. Will it help if they are stuck on to a dry tank wall? Can I push lighter or create suction a different way?
Thanks, Scott

meowzer

Toss them.....you can get new suction cups, or just buy Koralia powerheads...they are held on by magnets.
I have found that suction cups do not last more than a few months

bender77

Originally Posted by florida joe
http:///forum/post/3226518
check on line there are two part magnates you attach one to your power head and one outside your tank
+1 I got one for my maxi jet. They are pretty inexpensive and are much better than the suction cups

scopus tang

If you want a quick/inexpensive fix, and have a little time to wait, you can silicon the old suction cups. Its lasts for a while, but not indefinitely.

halamaya

My LFS carries them and they work great, but they only ever have one or 2 two at a time. The magnetic suction cups I mean.

meowzer

Are you talking about something like this??? This is a mount for a Rio...the small are $15...medium $19..large $24
I didn't think that was so cheap

Attachment 238449
I think I saw other ones that cost more too....

cam78

Never did it but I heard boiling the suction cups works. Let them boil in water for a couple of minutes, I heard they are as good as new after that.

kingpin8771

I just went to local craft store and got a bag of clear suction cups of differnt sizes for a couple of dollers.They work just fine.