Powerheads

brendac

I have 3 1200 maxi jet powerheads in my 125g aquarium. I would like to know the little arms that move up and down for putting air in... How should they be pointed? Should I have them so that the surface of the water is moving at all times... or pointed so that its moving through the middle? Should they be placed at the top just below the water level?

ryanhayes9

i would point 1 to the top for surface aggitation, 1 at the rocks and 1 pointing through the middle of the tank JMO

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by BrendaC
I have 3 1200 maxi jet powerheads in my 125g aquarium. I would like to know the little arms that move up and down for putting air in... How should they be pointed? Should I have them so that the surface of the water is moving at all times... or pointed so that its moving through the middle? Should they be placed at the top just below the water level?
I would say to get another higher gph powerhead cause 3-1200's isn't sufficient enough for a 125. I have 2-1200's running in my 55, plus a return from sump/fuge running around 600gph and a canister filter, not sure how much gph it runs. :happyfish