Powerheads

infalable

Has anyone ever tried the Hydor Koralia Water Circulation Pumps. If so, what did you think of them. I have always used maxijets and am considering something new. Thx.

rldavisou

They're awesome. I haven't tried one personally, but I intend to get one very soon. I've seen several tanks set up using them and they look great. The beauty of the design is in the low velocity, high volume output over a wide area. Instead of a narrow stream, they put out a wider, gentler, flow. Remember that even the smallest model puts out 400 gph, so don't go overboard with them. I'm setting up a 30 gal tank right now, and the smallest will be PLENTY for me.

infalable

I have a 46 gal bow. I have some dead areas that I just cant move water through without blowing sand, etc all over. Since these are magnetic I think I can put them anywhere. Does that seem correct?

dmjordan

yes they are magnetic and can move and rotate in almost any direction. they do have a nice wide flow. you have to remember that water will bounce or get redirected from the glass, rock, coral what or ever. when i first put mine in i thought it was in a good spot. i was quickly able to see the glass bottom of my tank cause the flow was bouncing off a rock ledge which forced the water down enough to move the sand bed but not cause a sand storm.