powerheads

sleeptech

I have a 40 long that I am going to put some soft corals in. I have decided to go with. Koralia powerhead but how many and what size?

convbmw

Originally Posted by SleepTech
http:///forum/post/2547889
its a 40 gallon tank but with rock maybe thirty. The measurements are 48l 13w 16h.
The rule of thumb from what I have been told is X 10 what whatever Koralia will push 400 GPM.
I have a 75 gal and I put in 2 koralia 3's. I figured it cant hurt and I am VERY happy

scopus tang

based on the depth of your tank, I would recommend the 2's. I would guess that the 3's would blow your sand all over the place (assuming that you are going to have or do have sand). I would go with only two, one on each end. You may find then that you have dead spots especially behind the rockwork in the middle, and you may want to add a 1 there. JMO

tjone752000

I have a 48 tall, it is 36 inches long. I have a mj1200, hk3 and a small ph in center. I can`t leave hk3 on constant because the flow is insane, in a tank that size. I use it once a day to change things up for coral and clean debris of rock and sand bed, but i would never leave it constant.

spiderwoman

I just put in a #3 and #4 into my new 75g and so far nothing is flying around. I have them blowing on opposites sides of the rockwork in about 45 degree angle.
If I could justify spending a load of money on PH's, I'd go with Tunze 6101's.

truckie174

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2550773
I just put in a #3 and #4 into my new 75g and so far nothing is flying around. I have them blowing on opposites sides of the rockwork in about 45 degree angle.
If I could justify spending a load of money on PH's, I'd go with Tunze 6101's.
I'm glad to hear you mention the #4 with a 75g. I just picked up a #4 for my 75 and was afraid it might be to much!

acrylic51

Depends what your planning on keeping....Different things require different flow, and a lot depends on your tank layout and rock structure as well....All these will dictate flow needs.....