Powersweeps.

jlem

Krusk said that he/she did not like them. Can people give me opinion and why they do, or do not like them. Thanks

slick

I was looking into getting one but decided not to because people said that they have to clean them all the time to keep them working properly. I went with maxi jets and love them.

D

diatom

Jlem~
For most people they don't have much longevity. Better to just save your money.

wamp

I run the Pre-Filter on mine and it has run very well. Once a month while doing water changes I flush it with fresh water to dislodge anything clogging it. It has run fine since X-Mas now so, I say give it a try, just be sure and run the pre-filter on it. I think that is the key, or at least that is what it says in the manual.

S

saltyeel

I own a powersweep. To sum it up in one word "horrible". It broke in my tank and doesn't turn now it just hums, barly spits out water!:mad:

ed r

I bought five or six before I heard about the problems and complaints of others. Unfortunately, I find the complaints to be justified. They are nice while they work. However, there is very poor longevity. I have had two different pumps stop sweeping during the first day. None of my pumps lasted over 1-1/2 months. They are frequently noisy. It is hard to keep them working. I find them harder to clean than other types. It is a nice concept, but they are too unreliable. My new pumps are Maxi-Jets. So far so good, but only one week down.

frankl15207

Mine have been running since December and are sweeping constantly now on a wavemaker (with the use of sponge filters and a modified blockage of the venturi inlet), but they tend to be a nuisance. If anything gets into them the gear will stop rotating on them, the suction cups may be the worst ever (they are constantly falling off of the sides), they don't stay clean and they have an annoying buzz to them.
Once I get the right equipment for spraybars they are gone and will be replaced with more Maxijets.