PPL WITHOUT SKIMMERS..lOOK INSIDE...

aquaguy24

heres wat a couple days of skimming looks like...my skimmer is not even set up for optimal performance as the skimmer pump and output water is in the same chamber of my sump...i also run my skimmer very dry..i've also included pic after i cleaned my cup ready to skim again...ppl who are not using a skimmer, this is wat ur canister and hob filter sponges are leaving in ur tanks...my nitrates and phosphates always undetectable..

aquaguy24

also forgot to list type of skimmer im using..its a AquaC EV-120 with a mag(externally install). 5 pump..i also have some filter sponges before the skimmer pump..

katsafados

My water parameters have been perfect ever since I got the tank. The tank has been running for about 5 months, and I got no protein skimmer lol.

flower

I run my skimmer…I gotta ask…did you just get done feeding your tank? Because every time I feed my coral..that is the result…the skimmer is pulling the food out as well as everything else. I feed my coral once a week…I am going to shut my skimmer off for that day.

aquaguy24

I actually don't feed most of my corals. Just a few of the lps pe mysis once or twice a week. This pic was about an hour after feeding my fish. I run my skimmer 24/7. 7 days a week.